Floorball is growing worldwide
What are the rules for a floorball game?
- Each team is allowed to use a maximum of 20 players. However, only 6 players may be on the rink at any one time. These 6 players could consist of 5 field players and 1 goalkeeper or just 6 field players.
- Floorball players may be substituted for an unlimited number of times during a floorball game.
- If a goalkeeper leaves their goal crease during play, they are considered a field player without a stick until they return to their crease.
A typical floorball rink is 40 m x 20 m and rectangular in shape. It is enclosed by a board with rounded corners.
- A regular game consists of 3 sessions that are 20 minutes long. There are also two 10-minute intermissions during which time teams change ends.
- 10 minutes extra time is played If a match must be decided. If the score remains equal, a floorball match is decided by penalty shots.
- Penalty shots are played alternatively by each of the five field players from each team until a decisive result is achieved.
We currently train at two venues across the Northern Beaches.
Mixed Men’s and Women’s team
PCYC Dee Why on Fridays 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
Juniors (under 18)
PCYC Dee Why on Fridays 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. You also have the option of Juniors playing at the Czech Club Frenchs Forest on Tuesdays 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm. Please note, each location is priced separately.
For training, you just need to bring your own t-shirt, shorts, socks, sneakers and a smile.
If you choose to play at a tournament representing the Northern Beaches Stingrays, you are required to buy our club shirt ($30) and your own black shorts.
Since this is an emerging sport, we try to ensure the cost of joining is as affordable as possible to give you an opportunity to give floorball a go!
We will loan you a stick until you choose to buy your own ($40+).
All players under the age of 17 are also legally required to wear protective eye wear (cost $40) so you are expected to buy this after joining.
If you are interested in being a goalkeeper, our club provides all equipment free of charge.
If it’s your first time playing, we will loan you all equipment for your FREE first session, including the protective eye glasses and stick.
Our junior teams are coached by former Swedish and Czech floorball players. We practice drills and then play a game at every training session.
If you have a child who is 15-19, they have an amazing opportunity to be chosen to represent Australia and participate in training camps both here and overseas, let alone play at the World Games. Given floorball is a young sport, these opportunities are more accessible than more saturated traditional sports.
At some of our Australian floorball events, there are also “development teams” where amateur adult players can practice their skills at a tournament level and get coached by professional players.
There are no further discounts at this time.
There are a number of local, interstate and international events for floorball. Please refer to our events page.
You can join by contacting us. You can also come and try floorball for FREE on your first session. You just need to wear a t-shirt, shorts, socks and sneakers. We will provide any other equipment for this first session. No payment is required.
Get your FREE floorball session
an exciting fast paced sport for all